It is Hope Therapy’s mission to improve the quality of life of children and adults, with various diagnoses, using equine assisted activities and therapy.
Below is an outline of our goals:
– Provide specialized therapy services to children and adults with the help of the horse, qualified therapists/instructors, and volunteers.
– Enhance the development of joint motion, muscle strength, gross and fine motor coordination, and postural control with the movement of the horse, graded sensory input, and activities.
– Improve the physical, mental, psychological, social, behavioral, and sensor motor capabilities of our clients and help increase their ability to perform daily life functions.
– Provide an enjoyable, meaningful, and purposeful experience for individuals with physical, emotional, and/or cognitive challenges and promote improved self-esteem, self-awareness, and self-responsibility.
– Evaluate, treat, and modify sessions according to each individual’s needs to ensure maximum independence and success in everyday life.
– Provide a safe environment for our clients, in which they are surrounded by knowledgeable and caring individuals.
– Work with PATH Intl. Equine Services for Heroes to help service members attain positive changes in their lives through interaction with horses.
– Witness the development and joy that is gained through the empowering experience of working with horses! This one is our favorite!